SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Halloween Event  (Read 10983 times)

YuhwoO

Halloween Event
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »
Per Guild Wars Insider.

Mike Zadorojny and Matt Wuerffel from ArenaNet took some time out to answer questions on Twitch.tv. The Q&A centered around the upcoming Halloween event, but the two developers covered a lot of ground including playerís concerns and future development of the game.

A lot of teasers were discussed such as new areas, like Flameheart Rise and Dredgehaunt Cliffs, should not be missed. Zadorojny and Wuerffel did say that all Halloween content will be accessible for all levels of players. They did touch on Halloween specific weapons that can be crafted and how they may be usable after the event (but, donít count on the resources being available!).

"We are going to have content that permanently changes the face of Tyria. There is also going to be content that we do in these updates, like all the living world stuff is going to be there permanently. So, the new jumping puzzles and mini-dungeons that we mentioned and a whole slew of new events, that stuff is going to be there forever."

Beyond the event release, there will be future updates that includes new maps and content. These new areas will be announced as they fit into the developerís overall vision.

Among quality of life issues, continued bug fixes are going to be a focus for this update. The loot table is going to be adjusted for jumping puzzles and mini-dungeons. Karma will be added to achievement rewards. They concluded with a promise that this is only the beginning with tweaks to making the game more rewarding and enjoyable.

the link to the full interview is broken as of this post, but it should be fixed shortly.  7:19 PM EDT 10.22.2012

Offline higmeista

• RL Friends
Re: Halloween Event
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »

mad king town outfit.

not associated with halloween but saw it as a result of looking.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:23:28 AM by higmeista »

Offline higmeista

• RL Friends
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »
Completed the monthly. Got 20 mystic coins and 10 jugs of liquid karma (4500 karma each).

Edit: the final mystery monthly task is to consume 150 candies. You can run around in any zone and find raw candy corn nodes to mine. It was easy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:41:53 AM by higmeista »

Offline higmeista

• RL Friends
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
Also, I used this guide last night for the scavenger hunt, for anyone that doesn't plan on figuring it all out yourself.

Offline higmeista

• RL Friends
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
Pumpkin carving locations.

Queensdale pumpkin locations. This one is missing two in Beetletun but 13 others are listed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:16:35 AM by higmeista »

Offline Rothchild

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
Protip: Booster + liquid karma = 6750 karma each

We should have the guild buff with the booster and have a karma drinking party order to maximize karma gains

And speaking of the scavenger guide, dulfy has been posting one as well: http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/shadow-of-the-mad-king-scavenger-hunt-guide/

The ghost bugged for me however and ended up wasting a bunch of candy corn wondering why the ghost wasn't appearing :-(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:23:17 PM by Rothchild »

Offline Rothchild

• Administrator
Halloween skins
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »
The Mad Moon:
Arachnophobia:
Deathly Pauldrons:
Greatsaw Greatsword:
Severed Dagger:
Scythe:
Grinning Gourd Rifle:
Deathly Mantle: h
Ghastly Grinning Shield:
Chain Sword:
Deathly Bull Pauldrons:
Deathly Avian Pauldrons:
Minipets: http://kalamestari.minus.com/m8V1oOM9adHsc

Offline higmeista

• RL Friends
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »
Yeah I read about the karma booster on reddit this morning, after I consumed 11 of mine last night. QQ.

Regardless, with these changes, karma is going to be really easy to farm now. Dailies give 1 jug. Monthlies gives 10 jugs. Dungeons rewards 1880 karma per explorable mode at level 80.

Offline higmeista

• RL Friends
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »
Looking at some of the Halloween crafted items, the runes stood out the most to me. The staff, shield, and short bow look didn't appeal to me.

Good for condition builds:
http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/11377-superior-rune-s-of-the-mad-king

10% increased damage at night:
http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/11383-superior-sigil-s-of-the-night
Assuming that the time of day in Guild Wars matches the actual time of day, since most of us play at night, this could be nasty.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 2812
  • Total Topics: 615
  • Online Today: 4
  • Online Ever: 289
  • (November 13, 2018, 11:39:27 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1